Monday, April 03, 2006

Rising Sea Level

My biggest worry reading all the news about glacier melting from Greenland to Arctic circle and Antaractica is sea level will rise. My house is near the sea. Maybe one kilometers from Sengkang river mouth. During high tide I can see the water level in the canal rising high up when I drive past. If the water is two feet higher, the road leading to my house will be under water. Scary thoughts. All my hard work and savings will be gone when the sea level rises.

Should I live in a highrise? If the sea level rises, instead of having a car, we will have a boat and travel from one high rise to another. Today, rain was very heavy. The front porch could not drain fast enough. So water level reach my living room. My youngest son was very excited and had a great time playing in the rain while I worry about water damage. I wish I am a child again.

No comments: