Sunday, July 24, 2005

Sze Li - A fellow blogger...

It intrigue me that a fellow blogger put in a comment on my first day of blogging. She also give me the address of her website. I went visiting... She is a student. Today her graduation photos are there. Congratulations! Sze Li. I guess she is probably working now. Maybe studying for her masters??

Just a quick update on my troublesome tooth. I needed a root canal and has an appointment to see an Endodontist in National University Hospital in August 30...long wait. I feel dull pain every day. Sigh! Can't wait for this episode to be over.

4 comments:

Li said...

Hi, you are welcome. Aiya, I was really free after the final examinations so I clicked the Next Blog and it just happened the next blog is yours.

Since your first blog is on Buddhism which I'm really interested, so I wrote to you.

I'm not pursuing a Master. I better find a job and earn some decent salary.

Anyway, I wish you a speedy recovery soon. I heard that mediation is quite good in reliving pain. That was what the Buddhist monk said when I attended the Buddhism conference at Suntec City as he shared with us how he suffered from excruciating pain from toothache. He said don't think of it.

BookLover said...

Sze Li, I have not been successful at meditation. What about you? Besides Buddhism, Taoism and Zen Buddhism is interesting to me as well.

Li said...

Me too, I can't sit for long. I'll get leg cramps if I sit for more than 20 minutes. So far, I find Buddhism more suitable for me. I always feel peaceful when reading any books on Buddhism. My parents are Taoist, but I don't really understand Taoism.

BookLover said...

SL, your parents' Taoism is not the taoism I am talking about. Taoism originates from Lao Tze and other philosophers like Chuang Tze and Lieh Tze. The common Taoist has a mix of ancestral worship, chants, etc. There are also people who would put their religion as Buddhism as well with the same kind of worship.