Wednesday, February 07, 2024

Chinese New Year Upon Us

 In 2 days, it will be CNY eve.  I am still thinking of dinner plans.  My wife commanded that we do steamboat.  So now I have to get the items.  I loved the fishballs and beancurd skin.  However, my wife believes in real fish and real meat (instead of meatballs).  My plan is to buy fresh food from Geylang Serai market.  The seafood there is fresh and at a good price.  My fridge and freezer are all cluttered up with stuff.  So we will have to clear up the fridge to store the new year groceries.

Now I have 2 married sons.  This year the dinner will be bigger.  Instead of our usual 5, we have 7 adults and a baby.  My family has grown and shrunk.  The married boys are out of the house.  So usually only 3 sleep in the home, my wife, granddaughter, and I.  On weekends, our baby boy is home replacing our granddaughter.

We are empty nester:(

No comments: