Thursday, April 30, 2020

Kidney Stones

Kidney stones are mainly Calcium Oxalate, Uric acid and Cystine.  My kidney stones was 100% Calcuim Oxalate.  High-oxalate foods include: black tea, potato chips, peanuts and chocolate.  My top 3 favorites food items.  I start my day with strong black tea with milk.  I buy loads of potato chips  and peanut and snack them all the time.  Now I have cut my peanuts consumption.  I love peanut soup and satay sauce. 

In order to reduce the chance of kidney stones recurring, I should cut these 3 items from my diet.  I love peanut butter.  I eat peanut butter with cream cracker if there is no bread and worse just peanut butter by itself if I ran out of cream cracker.  Every morning, I start my day with a cup of strong Ceylon tea with evaporated milk and sugar.  In the afternoon and evening, I may have an cup or two.
Many times, when I am travelling, I am too lazy to go and eat in a resturant, I will eat potato chips for my meal.  It is really stupid as the company would pay for my meals anyway.

The kidney stones I had is "staghorn" i.e. it is very spiky.  So there is no way it can come down the ureter.  So I need to drink a lot of water beside avoiding high oxalate food.

No comments: