Sunday, August 05, 2018

Good Sunday Morning

I have not been writing much even though I am at my desk. My favorite book site is gone.  So I am lucky I managed to download some books that I liked.  It is a very good site and easy to use.  Unfortunately, some authors complained and the site has to be shutdown.  I was having trouble and then googled to find out why.  Then I saw the disappointments of others who had known the shutdown earlier.  It is also known as the Napster of books.

Anyway, I am glad to bring my books around and read while queuing instead of surfing the net.  There are so many interesting reads.  I find that it is harder to finish the books as my mind is trained to read small bits of information by the web.

I do not like the PDF format in Kobo.  It is hard to navigate as the screen become touchy.  So the size keeps changing and when it does that the page just changed a few times in size and if it is big, it is hard to move the page so that I can read continuously. 

EPUB is a better format for Kobo.  The other thing is it is in eInk and therefore no color.  So all the colour pictures do not look good especially the pixels are quite big compared to a tablet.  The weight of ebook is so light and easy to hold for long time.  It get tiring to hold a tablet for long.

Overall, Kobo is very convenient to bring around and make reading convenient!

No comments: