Sunday, July 22, 2018

Uno, The Western Food Shop

Last evening, we went to pick up B3 after he finishes his CCA.  Since everyone is at home, we get B1 and B2 to follow so that we can go for dinner together.  I drove to Toa Payoh Lorong 5 and thought we can eat there as the older boys said they are not hungry.  So I can eat my dinner and they watch.  Although there are carpark lots right at the entrance, it was a far walk, so I try out to see if we can get lucky.  Unfortunately, all the lots are taken, so we moved on.  B1 suggested to go opposite blocks of flat as I did say I like to eat Westen food. 

There is only one coffee shop at the row of shops.  It was very busy.  The price was quite high.  The person in front of me pays $58 for 3 set dinners with additional order of chicken wings.  I order Ribeye Steak, $15, Chicken Chop, $7, an order of french fries $3 and two deep fried chicken wings $3.  Total bill $28.  I thought the Ribeye was average.  This may be because I usually buys higher quality cut and grill myself.  The ribeye was tough even though it is cooked medium.  The chicken chop is better.  Overall, it is average value.  But it is very popular.  I think the beef steak is at good prices as it is cooked resturant style meaning the steak is sizzling and put on a iron plate with the shape of bull.  The mashed potato is a roll up ball and deep fried.

We have to wait for long time for our food but it is fine as we were just talking and enjoying our time as a family.

2 comments:

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

Parking is a big hassle in SG la BL. But over in Japan it is no big deal
and the jepun are taking it for granted :)

BookLover said...

It is really nice to live in a place with space and nature. Kanpei!