Sunday, July 08, 2018

Beautiful Morning

It is past 7am, I am up to download The Art of Possibility by Rosamund Zander and her new book Pathway to Possibility.  I bought her latest book from Kino at $17.95 last October and now it is available for free.  I am glad to support the author.  I also find it is much easier to read with a physical book.  However, the e-reader has the advantage of convenience.  Now, I bring it along wherever I go and read snippets when I have spare time.

I can check out 309 books anytime.  No bulk, no taking one book and then another.  All available at the touch of my fingers!  However, it is no so easy to skim through the books which physical form is so much easier and give better impression of what the book is about.  Enough on books.

While I type, plenty of birds chirping and singing.  There at least 5 different types of birds I can differentiate.  Common mynahs, parrots and the others I do not know their names.   I enjoys the sounds of the birds, it is nature brought to me.  The greening by Nparks help bring more birds here.  When I first moved in more than 10 years ago, there are not so many types of birds, mostly common mynahs, sparrows and pigeons.  Now I can see doves, woodpecks, parrots and a big bird which may be a kite but I am not sure.

Then at Punggol Point, the bird watchers will photograph the Bee Eater.  Now, it is going to be different as the Bee Eater nesting site is developed by the Outward Bound School.


2 comments:

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

Nice to hear the birds chirping away. Your house is surrounded by nature, one
of the privilege few in SG.

BookLover said...

Actually, you can hear the birds in your estate as well.

Actually, in the evening it is very noisy in Orchard Road as there are so many mynahs roosting there. It is not good to live nearby.