Saturday, June 30, 2018

Visiting 2 Classmates

My Art classmate is working in Queensway Shopping Center.  Since I have to send my wife there for her work, I drop by to visit her.  The shop is at level 3.  It is a bookshop with toys and games.  So it is like a regular gift cum bookshop.  The theme is Christian and some business.

I am afraid of retail knowing the long hours.  Also it is time for me to take a break and "retire" properly.  She keep asking me to attend courses.  She loves the leadership course she is currently taking.  Her trainer has the same name as me and worked in a MNC.  He went for plenty of coaching and training during his career in American companies.  I went through similar programs as well.

She is very excited as she is now using the tools for leadership training.  The learning styles, communication styles developed by American psychologists.  I am very happy for her.  She is very encouraging.

We have a lot of similar experience!  Her son is a lawyer but now working in IT.  My son is just starting out as a lawyer.  Her son's girlfriend broke up with him and so did my boy's girlfriend.  Seems like boys' hearts are broken by girls.

I also visited my Baking classmates.  They have a shop in Alexandra Center.  The carpark there is free for 3 hours if you buy something at the shops.  I was there and a few old ladies were curious and I offered them the free samples!  I also tell them the benefits of the bread which has low GI and how it is very difficult to get these type of bread from regular breadshop - rye and sourdough.

My wife loves the Cranberry and Walnut bread.  So we bought one loaf for $12.  This time my classmates give us free Spinach Bread and a bottle of kueh bangkit!  My wife is embarassed and try to reject the free gifts.  I, only the other hand is very happy and says very loudly I will keep coming back!  I have no problem accepting free gift or samples as I have to give out plenty of samples for my work.

No comments: