Wednesday, June 27, 2018

E Books

E-books are available for free.  I bought a lot of books from Kinokuniya.  Now I hold most of my books in my personal library in my Kobo e-reader.  It is really nice to that it is so easy to carry around and read wherever and whenever.  Only problem is I do not get the thrill of the physical book, cracking the spine, smelling the paper and feeling the texture of the newsprint.

I have now about 150 books in my Kobo.  The reader is not bad in EPub format.  And really slow in PDF format.  So it takes getting used to especially changing the font size and shifting the page around in PDF and putting up with the screen blinking and then displaying which can take a couple of seconds.  A couple of seconds does not seems much but when compared to instanteous with the flip of a page or multiple pages, it is eternity.

No comments: