Monday, May 07, 2018

Lucky Luke!

I am envious.  It is so nice to live in another country that is 6 hours away.  My good friend and fellow blogger is now living in Japan with his in-laws.  He loves Japanese food and is now putting out the sights and natural beauty of Japan.  He does not life winter but it is really mild there.  If I have the chance, I can only go to Canada.  It is 26 hours and the winter is 6 month with a few episodes of -20 degress celcius!!  It is easy for him to travel back to Singapore whereas Canada is a long long flight and cost a lot more.  Boh Tong probably has free flights for his retirement benefits.  However, even if not free, the budget airlines are far more pocket friendly vs the long flights which no budget carriers are ready to touch.

Even now with B2 in Canada for school and mum is there, I also think very hard for visit.  It is exhausting travel to say the least.  So yes, the best long term visit is another country within Asia where flight time is reasonable.

2 comments:

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

BL, Japan is nice but I can't speak their language
and has to depend on my wife. Life is good with the nice
and quality food but I don't like the cold weather.
Free flights are no big deals cos fares are cheap these
days. Thanks for commenting :)

BookLover said...

It is not cheap to fly to Canada. Lowest fare is about S$2,000 depending on season. Plus I have to pay for accommodation and car. Yes, you also pay by contributing to your in-laws car. So it may come up to same kind of costs.