Sunday, September 10, 2017

Zatoichi TV series

It is nice to wake up late i.e. 7am.  I simply make my morning coffee and oatmeal.  Then watch Zatoichi show.  It is nice to revisit the show that was very hot when I was a kid.  I remember everyone rushing to the community TV and all the other kids will be shouting "Shintaro, Shintaro".  The TV series is on Youtube and I think it is broadcast in Honolulu.  I loved watching the shows over and over again.  It is Horatio Alger type of story.  Very simple.  Zatoichi is a blind masseur who is fast with his sword.  He is a gifted gambler and fighter.  So he fights the local bosses who bullied the farmers, cheats on gamblers or ill treat prostitutes.  He always kills his opponents in a quick flash.  Even well trained Samurai fell in a single stroke.  After killing all the bad guys, he will leave.

While it is very idealistic and violent i.e. fighting violent with superior killing skills, he always fight for the weak and oppressed.  So, I just enjoys the fantasy of a world where a superior man can right the wrongs that are inflicted on the villagers or a group of people.

No comments: