Sunday, October 16, 2016

Solar Water Heater

I bought a solar water heater from China and it arrived last Friday.  The water tank is heavy, 100kg.  Luckily, our estate is painting and I ask the supervisor for help.  So he assigned two men to carry the water tank up.  I asked for one additional man as it is quite heavy.  But actually two men is easier as I found the third man was more off a hindrance than help. 


Anyway, now the water tank is up and I am ready to fix up the unit.  Unfortunately, some of the solar tubes are broken on the way here.  So I am asking for replacements.  The water heater is actually quite cheap, about US$600 and shipping cost $200.  Fixing up the plumbing to my bathrooms cost $2,800.  So the total cost is approximately $4,000.  Then I will be able to use "free" hot water for my boys' toilets.  Unfortunately, it will cost too much to bring the hot water to my master bedroom toilet as well.

No comments: