Monday, October 03, 2016

In Pain

My right kidney was still swollen after the ESWL.  So the doctor suspect that maybe the stones are stopped halfway and blocking the kidney again.  So he schedule me for surgery on Saturday.  The surgery is scheduled for 11am.  When I checked it, it became 11am.  It was just a long wait and I have to fast after dinner.

I don't feel hungry while waiting.  I think it is the stress of going for operation.  The doctor said no stones.  However, he insert a double J tube.  I was under general anaethesia.  I felt sick for a few hours after the surgery.  GA is no good for the body.  Although I have not recovered by 6pm, I still decide to go home.  I was so sick and in car and throw up when I reach home.  Resting at home for half hour, my cold sweat went away.

For the past three day since the surgery, it is painful to pass urine.  My urine is full of blood.  It looked a little scary in the beginning.  Every morning, it is very bloody.  By afternoon, it looks like Pink Lemonade!

The tube is bothersome and cause me to have permanent tummyache.  I tried going to the toilet many times with no joy.  But sometime, it works!  However, my stomache remains.

I have been to surgery every week for the past 3 weeks.  Last Saturday was the worse as I had to go under GA.  Propofol is not so bad.  Recovery is pretty quick and no nausea.  With a J tube in my right ureter, I have permanent pain.

Doctor said I have to have it in there for 6 weeks.  I am not sure if I can last this long.  Hopefully, my right kidney recovers earlier.

2 comments:

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

I am sorry to hear about your kidney. Hope you will
recover fast and painlessly BL.

BookLover said...

Thanks, BT. My father had the same problem. So I am genetically programmed to have stones!! My urologist has stones too. His wife says "It is the stones forming club."