Monday, August 01, 2016

Mother Does Not Understand Boys

My favorite time is lunch time.  I will think of all the food I like to try.  This afternoon, we went to Far East Plaza Level 5 for Bento Yakitori.  After the not so good yakitori in Plaza Sin, I needed to get a fix of yakitori with a good standard.  I also ordered chicken wings and shitake mushroom.  I find the shitake mushroom not as good as Tokyo. 

Since B3 will be off school at quarter past 2, I decided to get a takeaway Bento for him.  The Bento plus taxes cost almost $15.  When my wife heard the price, she told me the story of a Single Mum who had a problem when her teenage boy asked for 2nd set of chicken rice at $3.50 each.  This Single Mum run her own business and earns a lot.  She has more than a couple of millions in cash.  Yet when it comes to food, she had a problem that her son wants to eat more.  She compares his appetite to his younger sister who is satisfied with one plate of chicken rice.  She has a boy and a girl.  She will pass her millions to her two kids when she moved on.  Yet, she quarrel with her son over an additional plate of chicken costing $3.50.

If the Single Mum told me this story, I would have advise her to spend her money on her kids while she is alive rather than letting her kids feel she is starving them.  So instead of leaving say $2million each, she can let them eat to their heart content and give them $1.8million.  I supposed her argument will be it is not good for his health to eat so much.  I am taking good care of him so that he stay healthy and well.

Frankly, I am happy to spend my money on food for my boys.  They can enjoy good food and in future they can feed me with good food.

No comments: