Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Unagi Lunch

I had a meeting with customer and then we had lunch among my colleagues.  We decided on unagi for lunch as they prefer it over my yakitori or tempura.  Unagi is a rare treat as they do not eat it often.  Our unagi lunch cost 4,000 yen each i.e. 16,000 yen for 4 of us.  This is equivalent to US$160.  It is just fish and rice.

When I first brought my Australian colleagues to chicken rice because my Taiwanese and Thai colleagues want to try the famous chicken rice and they were surprised that it is only chicken and rice.  I remember Victor, the Australian guy keeps repeating like a mantra - chicken and rice.  Guess what, they like it so much in the next trip to Singapore, they went there by themselves.  But chicken rice cost no more than S$10 per person.

Hence Japan still have crazy prices.

2 comments:

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

But the Yen has dropped so much otherwise it will cost you all more.
I love the unagi in Japan.

BookLover said...

You are right. But I prefer the unagi back home as it is sweeter.