Thursday, June 30, 2016

Soba for Lunch

My colleagues seems to prefer Japanese lunch even though I suggested Fridays or Outback.  I do not eat raw fish and so is quite specific e.g. tonkatsu, yakitori, tempura or fried soba.  The big guy who loved food suggested we should check out soba resturant first.  I ordered a bunch of appetizers and we get our food late as they served appetizers first.  I realised I should only order appetizers after our mains has arrived.  I had hot soba with some root vegetable called Yamaimo which is supposed to be good for health.  I saw that in a tv program Yamaimo root vegetable tastes sweet and very healthy.

However, I must say I am not impressed by the taste.  Hopefully, it is healthy.  But once a blue moon, I doubt there will be any effect on me.

No comments: