Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Boh Tong Brought Back My Memories

My blogger friend guessed right!  I used to live in Yishun near Chong Pang.  I forgot to tell him also I worked in Yishun Ave 7.  This is the reason why we lived there. 

I was living in Canada and came back to Singapore to sign the paperwork for selling my house.  It was not a good deal as I sold it for $200K less than the market value.  I did not know as I totally out of touch with real estate market.  At that time, there was no internet.  I subscribed to Straits Times weekly which cost a bomb.  While back in Singapore, I met with ex-colleagues and my ex-boss.  My ex-boss told me his boss said to him there are no good Singaporeans and asked me to meet him.  I told him I was not looking for a job.  He says no no, this is not a job interview.  I just want to prove to him.  So during the meeting, I talk alot about my new born(B1) who was 1 year old.  Then I went back to Canada. 

My boss reach out to me when I was in Canada to advise me that he is going to be in Washington DC and like me to meet his HR from England.  He said he has created a Marketing position and like his HR to evaluate me.  This is how I got hired and relocate back to Singapore.  The company was pretty good.  Paid for my family to come back including relocating all my furniture and personal effects.

Living in Yishun was ok.  We lived in a five room flat in mixed five rooms and four rooms block.  I enjoys buying toys for my boys and neighbours are envious.  I did not realised it.  My wife told me as she was a homemaker and hears gossips in the market.

Now that I lived in a different neighbourhood, I know the importance of living in similar socioeconomic level.  However, people with more money seems to think they have more rights.  There is no perfect neighbourhood.

4 comments:

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

But now you are living in a upper middle class area although there aren't many amenities around. However, you have a car and move around easily. I think Chong Pang area has lots of attractions but then we won't buy the flats over there as they are too old and dear.
Anyway, for you and I, CP is only a 15 mins drive away.

BookLover said...

You are right. You must visit the Hot Spring once. It is opposite CP but a long walk. I went there when Gambas was a new road and can park on the road.

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

I've been to the hot spring before. In fact I made a YouTube in 2009 about the place.
Go to YouTube and paste this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51UEcTru-fI

BookLover said...

Wow! It is so much better after renovation except now all fenced up and cannot go into the secondary forest. Cannot see even with the privacy fence.