Monday, March 07, 2016

RSG Learning Journey and No. 1 Nasi Lemak

B1 want to lunch with us before he go to school.  Adam Road Hawker Center is just right there.  Our favorite nasi lemak is the corner stall.  The Malay auntie is type B plus plus.  We order two to-go and two for dine-in.  It took her for than 3 mins to get our order done.  Her neighbour nasi lemak stall is the popular one and service is a lot faster.  So they do much more volume than No. 1.  But my wife prefers No. 1.  I also like No. 1 as she has mutton.  But no longer any achar as she is now cooking alone.  I wonder what happen to her husband.

No. 1 nasi lemak is $5 a set for the most complete with mutton, chicken wing, potato cutlet and fried egg.  I forgot!  There is also a wee serving of ikan bilis with fried groundnuts.  I complete my meal with teh halia from the drink stall beside the sugar cane.

Today, there is a group of Sec 4 RGS girls doing "learning journey" with NEA and so help to clear the plates and a bigger group just stand around talking.  A pair came to our table to ask us to clear our plates.  After we finished, another pair came to clear our table.  My wife likes those that roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty.  To her daughters-in-laws must be those who get work done.  I am in total agreement.  I did not like the pair that just talk to get their work done.  Reminds me of politicians who talks only and do not roll up their sleeves.

1 comment:

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

Sounds tempting lah BL but its too far from our place.