Sunday, March 27, 2016

Chong Pang Market

B2 drove to work this morning.  Under my guidance of course.  His camp is in Yishun.  So I go to Chong Pang market for tea.  It is still early before 7am and there is a long queue for the vegetarian stall in the coffeeshop.  I think the food must be good value as there is another vegetarian stall in the hawker center that is a few steps away and it was pretty empty.

My blogger friend, Boh Tong is right.  Jackfruit is $5 per kg - the best value in town.  Other fruits are pretty competitive.  The green seedless grapes from Australia is $5 per bag.  Each bag is between 800g to 1kg.  Mangoes are in season and at a good price.  The only teh halia stall is closed.  I also tried the good value chicken rice and it is quite good.  Of course the braised duck stall is excellent as well.

B2 has rotating shifts.  So I may come to Yishun more often to give him a chance to get more windshield time.

2 comments:

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

Actually I learned about the good stuff in Chong Pang from your blog.

BookLover said...

It is nostalgic for me. Going Chong Pang bring memories of Malay kids playing about and chasing goats, yes goats in what is now Sembawang Airbase.