Tuesday, February 09, 2016

Visiting Family

Yesterday was Day 1 of Chinese New Year.  We woke up late or rather the boys woke up late as they must be up late.  Then they give CNY greetings to us first and get their biggest ang pow before we set off to pay respect to their maternal grandparents.  We have breakfast there as well and then back home to host my brother and sisters with their kids i.e. my nieces and nephews.

We cooked a big pot of curry chicken with potatoes.  My nephew-in-law says the potato is very good!  Our boys love any potato based food, french fries, hash brown, baked potatoes, potato chips, potato salad.  So we become expert in cooking potatoes!  We chatted and talk about everything and nothing.  It is good to see my extended family. 

Today, we brought porridge to my niece who just gave birth.  She like our porridge.  We are very happy to carry the sleeping baby.  I love the baby!  He is so adorable. 

No comments: