Saturday, February 27, 2016

Dangerous!

If you watch the clip below, you will hear a woman's voice saying "dangerous".  She is grateful I save her life!   I saw the cobra and stopped to take picture of it.  Before I have the chance, this woman walk straight toward the cobra which was also moving across the PCN.  The woman was engrossed looking into her phone.  I shouted "Cobra" to her but she did not pay attention.  The 2nd time, I shouted louder stopping her in her track.  She then looked me.  By then, the cobra was alarmed and decided to head back in the opposite direction.  This is why I only managed to capture the snake for a few seconds.

I was pointing the snake to her and when she saw she said "dangerous".  I told her not to look at her phone so intently.

4 comments:

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

People using their handphones while walking are looking for trouble. They may be run
down by cars, bicycles etc and in this case without your help she could be bitten to
death by the cobra.

BookLover said...

Actually, I have this thought that since I was going the video the snake what would have happen if I just video instead of shouting. One possibility is the lady could have been bitten as she was walking right into the snake's path as the snake move to cross the PCN. I would be able to video her screams and if I post it in Youtube there will be a lot of nasty comments. Another possibility is the cobra quickly slithered away and the woman will be oblivious and all's well ends well. I will have a great video either way!

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

BL, you did the right thing and probably saved the woman's life.
One of my customer's dog was bitten by a cobra in Punggol and died subsequently.

BookLover said...

Yikkes!!