Tuesday, December 08, 2015

High BP Low HR

I felt bad in the late afternoon.  Dizzy with cold clammy skin and sweating profusely.  I measured my BP and found it high at 170/100.  Heart rate at 66.  This is the first time I measured myself in this condition.  I suffered this condition before since I was young.  I did not realised it is due to high blood pressure with low heart rate.  Usually, I recovered a few hours later.  Now I am feeling much better now.  I went to the clinic in Seletar Mall.  Raffles Medical closed at 5:30pm.  There were still people waiting to see the doctor.  It must be busy as it was close to 6:30pm when I reached.  So I have to go the Healthline in Basement 1. 

The doctor was shocked by my cold hand.  He measured my blood pressure and it was still high at 170/110.  He recommended ECG but I refused as I do not have breathing difficulty the clearest indicator of Heart Attack.  However, a diabetic will not be able to feel chest pains or breathing difficulty.  So the ECG is required to be sure. 

Now I am feeling normal i.e. cold clammy condition is gone but still tired and head heavy.  I am glad this episode is over.  It is scary to get into a bad condition.

1 comment:

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

Take good care of yourself BL :-)