Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thai Tea Home-made

I love the strong flavors of Thai tea.  Coffee World in Bangkok is my favorite.  The tea and coffee are strong and flavorful.  Of course also sinful as the sugar level is high. I tried to make my own using the recipes I found in the net.  None works as the taste is different.  Then one day I stumbled on a blog which mentioned Thai tea leaves are available.  So I went to Golden Mile Complex to look for the tea leaves in the Thai supermarket.  It costs only $5.50 a pack.  What a steal I thought!  One cup of Thai tea cost $2 to $3. 

After purchasing, I wonder about at the ground level of Golden Mile and found the same tea leaves in the shops.  Cost only $5!!  I had paid 10% more.  Moreover, the shop has premium leaves in packet form unlike the supermarket who sells the premium in tin cans which is very dear.  Also the shop has Thai Green tea.  So I must try it next time.

No comments: