Wednesday, November 04, 2015

My Legacy

I am thinking of my legacy.  What will I have leaving behind.  My primary focus has been work and career for many years.  My boys are growing up.  B1 is in year 3 Law School, B2 in National Service and B3 will be Secondary 3 in the new year.

My career has gone up and down.  Mostly up, I am happy to report.  Work is like a book opening a chapter and closing it.  The company does not miss you once the chapter is closed.  I have regular gatherings with my siblings.

What will I leave behind?  Family is most important.  I am glad I spent time with my boys when they are young.  Now they are independent and in a few years setting up their own home.  I will be most happy that they are independent, responsible and earning sufficiently to provide for their families and saving enough for rainy days.

I hope they have fond memories of growing up and living well in a safe environment.  More important, the values we pass down to them on thrift, honesty, family, hardwork and others will continue and pass on to their kids.

I keep this blog as a diary for my life so that anyone who is interested can read about my daily routines, my interests and my life.

The legacy I wished I could have left behind is a business which my boys can inherit.  Unfortunately, my entreprenur skills and determination is weak.  So the material things I leave behind would photos, scientific toys, books and plenty of junk.

I hope I have positive impact on my colleagues and them having work with me improve in their career advancement.

No comments: