Saturday, November 28, 2015

King Tides - A blessing and a curse

The water at Punggol is so much cleaner due to the King tides, so all the fishes are coming back.  This morning, I had a good catch.  Plenty of small fishes translating to feast for my arowana. I am very happy with the catch and I have put some of the fishes in the main pond for another fish to eat.  I caught a rather big mullet and put it in my aquarium.

However, the King tides also bring a lot of garbage from Malaysia.  Plenty of discarded plastic bottles, plastic bags, disposable cups and natural waste like big branches, twigs and leaves.  So the Punggol beach is like a garbage dump now.  The cleaners are not motivated to clear the rubbish.  They just do a little and leave the rest.  It is really bad attitude and poor work ethics.

No comments: