Friday, September 18, 2015

Laparscopic Hernia Repair

Yesterday afternoon, I checked into Farrer Park Hospital for hernia repair.  I had this sore ache on my right lower abdomen for a few months.  I had to do to planking exercise to strengthen my core muscles to prevent backache.  I always thought the soreness was due to strenous exercise as it does go away after a few days.  On Monday, when I was showering after exercise, I decide to look at the sore area and notice a bulge.  When I tighten my stomach muscles, the bulge increased in size.  So I went to see my classmate who is an Urologist.  He confirmed it is a hernia as I deduced.  He no longer do general surgery and recommended a few general surgeons for me to go to.

He also suggest Dr Ngoi saying that he is good but expensive and his wife who is also my classmate had her appendix removed by him.  The one hour procedure and overnight stay come up to a total of $15K!!

2 comments:

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

Take care BL hope you will be fine.

BookLover said...

Thanks, BT.