Friday, September 04, 2015

Fishing with a Boy

I was at Punggol Point as usual in the late afternoon to net some fishes for my arowana.  A small boy came down the stairs of the jetty and he is trying to catch fishes with a small net and a small pet container.  I told him it will be difficult to catch using his net.  So he asked for a fish.  And I gave him a live ikan bilis. 

He continues to follow me around to catch fishes.  I showed him some easy targets but he still could not net it.  His friend can and asked him about his fishes - I demonstrated how to fish and put those I caught into his box.  He told his friend he caught the fishes together with me.  If I am the boy, I would have said the uncle gave them to me.  When his friend probe further, he insisted he caught the fishes together with me.  Hm!

No comments: