Thursday, September 24, 2015

A Few Hardy Souls

The haze is so bad not many shoppers are in Takashimaya.  I went to Taka for lunch and to find a toaster oven to replace as my current unit broke.  Even Imperial Treasure has long queue during holidays is fine today, no wait for a table. 

Best Denki has a good selection of Toaster Oven.  I settle for Mistral for $59.  It is 1200W and has two heating elements on top as well as bottom.  So the heat will be quite even compared to the single heater each.  Or at least this is what I think.  Further more, there is temperature control.  One problem and only when we tried to use it that we found out.  We want to try out to heat our food in the evening for dinner.  We cannot read the dial.  The labels are too small and contrast is weak.  It was ok on display as the place is bright.

As the haze is quite bad, I decided to wear a facemask and go to Punggol Point to catch fishes.  Along the way, only a few hardy souls are in the PCN walking.  A number of them are foreign workers on the way back to their domitory near Punggol Marina.  I guess I can be classified as the foolhardy to ignore the haze.  I doubt my facemask did much to reduce the air particulates from entering my lungs.

No comments: