Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Malay Couple in Punggol Point

The Malay couple in Punggol Point who is always there is gone.  I asked one of the Certis police and like me he noticed the couple has not been around for a few days.  This morning, a fisherman who is the first guy on the jetty greet me with "the man who catches small fishes".  He asked what do I do with the fishes and I told him for my arowana.  I also asked him about the Malay couple.  He told me they were lovers and not husband and wife.  He said they were "arrested".  I am not sure if arrested is a good translation of the Hokkien term "teo liak" or got caught.  The couple are living at the jetty and homeless.  So they must be caught by social service and sent to a home.

2 comments:

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

Poor couple the gamen should help them with shelter or some sort.

BookLover said...

I hope so too.