Monday, August 03, 2015

Kinokuniya Does Not Treat Loyal Customers Well

Kinokuniya is and was my favorite bookstore.  Is because I still like to visit and browse books there.  Was because I do not buy as many books from them.  I was at Kino main branch during lunch.  I overheard a group of 3 young men talking.  One of the says Kino does not treat loyal customers well.  I am in total agreeement with this statement.  I had bought many books in Kino through the years.  I must always purchase the membership which is $20/year.  The membership gives me 10% discount and twice a year 20%.  It does not matter how much  I spent.  $20 is needed to renew.  At 10% discount, you have to purchase $200 worth of books before any savings kick in.  The books are priced much higher than those available on the internet. 

Today it is 10% for non-member and 20% for members.  Kino also use to have 20% storewide whether you are member or not for 3 days.  I do not see any 20% discount anymore.  Previously, whenever there is a 20% for members, there are long queues of customers buying.  Today, it looked like business as usual.

No comments: