Saturday, June 13, 2015

Durian Season

Look like durian is back in season.  Price is still quite high.  I expect it to go down soon.  The "Cat Mountain King" aka maoshan wang was $30/kg a couple days ago and is now at $15/kg.  The price is still very high.  One durian is more than $30 and you get only 10 seeds or less.  The other type of durian is going for $20 for 3.  So may be a better deal.

Durian has high calories.  I am price sensitive and will wait for price drop before buying.  It is nice to see the thornly fruit again.

2 comments:

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

I had a very high fever after eating a whole durain. It's extremely heaty but I did not eat some cooling fruits like mangosteens or bananas to balance it. Instead, I ate mangoes which is a heaty fruit hence my high fever.

BookLover said...

I will eat in moderation. You are right about the heatiness.