Thursday, March 05, 2015

Aliexpress!

When I was young, I love the Johnson Smith catalog.   It says Jokes, Tricks and Novelties.  There were scientific which I am passionate about and difficult to find things like Balloon Helicopters(which is now available in Popular) or giant weather balloons, super strong magnets, solar cells (0.5V, a couple milliamps).

I just discover Aliexpress and it is K in Wonderland with so many gadgets and devices.  I had seen it before but did not really look at it seriously as I worry about internet purchase.  However, my middle boy, B2 as he is referred to in the family is an experienced internet purchaser.  He has different accounts with eBay, Alibaba, Aliexpress and the works!  Almost a year back, I asked him to buy solar water pump as trial and he did and the device works.  Then I asked him to look for solar water heater but he let it lapse.  I followup with him several times but he did not deliver the info I need.

Then mummy asked him to buy a dehumidifier.  We save a lot of money buying direct from Korea.  Only problem is the buttons are in Korean and the manual is in Korean.  We had to ask our nephew's classmate mother to translate for us.  So it works with some difficulty.

I was then sold to negative ion footspa.  The claims are quite hard to believe.  For $20 a session, I thought it is worth a try.  During the session, the vendor says the machine costs $1,500 and yet loyal customers refused to buy the machine but come to him for many years.  I asked B2  to check out and he manage to get one for US$150.  So now for 10 sessions price, I have a nice shiny new machine to do at home.

Recently, I bought low temperature Stirling Engine.  I planned to buy it in Taipei Bookstore. Now I can get it for 20% of the price there.  Then there are other types of Stirling Engine and Live Steam Engine.  My dreams are coming true!  B2 even bought mini solar water heater so that we can do experiments.

Aliexpress is wonderful!

No comments: