Friday, January 23, 2015

Goodies = Heatiness and Toothache

Many times during Chinese New Year, my teeth will give me problem.  I think it is the sweet crunchy goodies and all bake, deep fried or cooked at high temperature.  Chinese believed this will cause heatiness and with it come sore throat.  For me, I had toothache.  This happened before at least a couple of times that I now associated toothache with Chinese New Year.  Don't laugh.  My mum says "yeat hae" or actually "zhuah" or hot in Hokkien.  So I must drink cooling tea or liang cha.  I just bought honeycomb cookies.  I loved loveletters and kueh bangkit.  Both are extremely heaty.  I also like bak kwa or bbq sweetmeat.

I am a glutton when it comes to food.  I need to reduce my food intake but I don't.  Everything in moderation.  Life will be peaceful.

No comments: