Monday, January 05, 2015

Food Street, Light Street

I am waiting for my host to arrive and took a walk outside the hotel.  Food street is much better than eating along the main thoroughfare which is very noisy and polluted with fumes.  Then there is a light street which is very colourful like Orchard Road now.  The young girls eating ice cream is interesting.  They leave by electric bicycles and very used to the chaotic traffic.  It is a matter of getting used to the environment.  There is a system in the chaos and once you know it, it is easy to navigate and cross the road.  I feel like I am in a time machine going back to the good old days in China and Vietnam.  But China has completely changed from bicycles to cars and traffic jams.  Vietnam has more cars but still dominated by motorcycles and now electric bicycles.

This place has character and I like it!

No comments: