Friday, November 21, 2014

HomePlug Cannot Work - A Solution!

I had a cctv tv system that is in the cupboard.  We used the homeplug using the home electrical wiring as the line to connect the internet.  Initially, our internet was right beside the cctv system when we use twin wire i.e. using the phone line.  But we have to move the internet router to living room after the fibre was installed. 

The dvr was not working well.  Finally, I bought a new dvr from Sim Lim.  For $532, I get a 2TB drive and an infrared camera.  $180 plus GST for software installation.  But the homeplug system stopped working.  I went searching for solution in the internet to find a solution for wireless to LAN.  It is called a bridge.  And I can convert old wireless routers to make this bridge.  I tried but unable to get my old routers to work. 

Today, I went Sim Lim, yes the infamous Sim Lim.  We bought our printers from Global IT in level 3.  We trust the owner.  We need to replace ink for our printers anyway.  So I check out the TP link gadgets there.  The sales guy recomment this TP Nano router.  After two hours of trying, I finally got it to work.  I am so happy and feel so accomplished!

The Nano Router can be use to convert wifi into LAN connection.

No comments: