Saturday, October 11, 2014

PapaRich Westgate Mall

Tuition was cancelled this morning.  So instead of Bugis Junction, we are free to go anywhere we want.  The Wife needed an aircond place.  This of course mean it has to be a mall or Changi Airport.  B1 went to Kent Ridge for seminar.  B2 and B3 suggested Westgate Mall.  Usually, I vetoed this suggestion as it is too far.  However, this morning we have time and it is still early before 10am.  So off we go. 

The best way to go to Westgate for us is via PIE.  I noticed PIE now has many stretches with speed limit of 80km/h.  PIE is alot wider now.  There are 4 lanes in most places.  The expressway is no longer straight like before.  It is very curvy due to the expansion.

Westgate Mall is like a Japanese Mall.  B2 and B3 wanted to see Tokyu Hand.  They enjoyed Tokyu Hand in Fukoka.  Here the Tokyu Hand is tiny compared to 7 levels in Fukoka.

I need a place to kill time and the choice is quite substantial.  However, I missed Malaysia and PappaRich offers me the Malaysian experience.  So I go there for tea and read the papers.  The family joined me after they are done with their shopping. 

I asked the waitress what is their most popular hot drink and my waitress, Siti(making this truly Malay experience) suggest hot tea which I accept right away.  B3 ordered chicken rice and mummy order yellow rice nasi lemak, the works.  The works contains beef rendang, sotong, deep fried crispy chicken quarter and sambal.  I order steamed bread with butter kaya. 

The hot tea tasted exactly the same as in Mid-Valley.  I ordered a hot coffee at the end of the meal to try and it also taste authentic.  I spend my time leisurely to soak up the experience as long as possible.  It is good to have Malaysian experience in Singapore.  Only complain is it is at Singapore price!

No comments: