Monday, September 22, 2014

The Green Park Pendik

After almost 20 hours of travelling, we finally arrive at our hotel.  The good thing about travelling with some colleages in the same flight we get to learn from each other's experience and the company make it easier to while the transit time.  The traffic in Istanbul is bad on Sunday afternoon.  I cannot imagine how it will be like on a weekday rush hour.  The weather is nice.  We are at the seaside.  A Turkish colleague now living in Australia is back home for holiday for a couple of weeks.  It is good for him as he has not been back home for 3 years.  The hotel we are staying is a convention center as there are between 400 and 500 participants for this meeting.  It is interesting to meet lots of colleagues from Europe.  The experience is different from my meeting in US.  We have like 50 or 60 two years ago.  Today, I am now part of a big company.

The convention center is in the middle of nowhere.  The program is full, so I do not know if I can explore the surrounding a bit.  I enjoys walking to malls and shops near the hotel but this time I think there is no such luck.

No comments: