Sunday, September 14, 2014

Punggol Seafood

Low tide this morning, so we drove to Punggol Point for our weekly "exercise".  Mummy is the one who really needs to exercise.  Meanwhile, B3 is there to catch more baby crabs and sea anemone.  Unfortunately, the tide was coming in, so he did not catch any shrimp.  However, he managed to catch 3 baby fishes.  Overall, it is still fun for him.  Meanwhile, I was happy just to help him overturn some of the stones and catch bigger crabs as he is worried they will pinch him with their pincers.  What I am really happy with is they are all still surviving in our little tank.  It is very gratifying to see a tiny aquarium that works.  The water is clear and hermit crabs still scuttling about.  The shrimps are transparent and hard to see.  I realise as long as the water is circulating and the creatures are tiny, the ecosystem works as their feeding requirements are tiny and waste does not poison the water they are in.

We went home to shower and change and I went for my dental checkup for implant.  They are healing nicely.  So it is time for lunch and I decided to bring my boys to try the famous Punggol Seafood resturant's Mee Goreng.  We ordered the largest which is $16.  Together with a medium soup and a medium pork ribs, the lunch costs $76.  We did not even order any seafood as the price was high.  I estimate a regular meal with seafood with cost at least $250 for us.  So I decided on the economy version.

No comments: