Thursday, September 25, 2014

Old City

Team building exercise is tour of the Old City.  The tour guide told us Istanbul is Constantinople.  This brought memories of my history lessons in Secondary school.  The great empire, however since history is not my favorite subject, I could not recall much details.  Unlike science, I can still remember lots of formulae and chemical reactions. 

Touring the Old city makes me want to read the history books again but I know once I get home, day to day routine will make me forget of my desire to refresh my history lessons. 

Istanbul has the Asian side and European side.  The Asian side is the newer part of the city.  The food culture here is meat and vegetable varieties are quite limited.  So their food choices are nothing like back home.  So it is easy to be bored by their food. 

No comments: