Thursday, May 08, 2014

Overflow drainage

It is important to have backup.  My balcony was renovated by the developer to fix the waterproofing.  The contractor cover up the drain hole for excess water due to sloppiness.  Luckily, I noticed and ask the Far East Project Manager to reinstate the drain hole.  Initially, he insisted it looked better.  I was quite adamant as I have seen water coming out from the drainhole of my neighbour's unit.  So I know it worked!  So I am glad I insisted as this afternoon during the thunderstorm, the dead leaves clogged up the drain hole and water was flowing out from the overflow pipe. 

I am always happy to see a system working.  I have to clear the trap to let the water flow out but as a system person, it is good to see a backup system working. 

No comments: