Thursday, May 01, 2014

Chicken and Apple Pie

My boys and I were strolling around Arab Street like tourists.  Along Beach Road there is a shop that sells Chicken Pie, Apple Pie and Yam Cake.  The proprietor came out when we paused to look at their signs.  He is very enthusiatic.  He says he has been around for more than 30 years.  He moved from Bukit Timah to Prince Cinema to Beach Road.  He is in Beach for 3 years now.  I want to try all his stuff but B1 protested and suggest we just buy the chicken pie.  I also bought the yam cake as it is mummy's favorite.  Yam cake is $11 and Chicken Pie is $7.50.  We had them for dinner and they are quite tasty.  I wished I bought the Apple Pie.  Apple pie is my favorite pastry.  I will have to go back to buy the Apple pie to try.  Motherhood and Apple Pie is the American traditional way.  Since I love apple pie so much, I may be half American!

No comments: