Monday, April 21, 2014

King and Maxwell

I had to wait for hours for my Samsung phone to be checked.  So I bought King and Maxwell by David Baldacci to read while waiting on Saturday afternoon.  It is a page turner!  I managed to finished the book by Sunday evening.  The plot is a little weak.  It is about a man who wait for 25 years to take revenge on the President of United States.  This man's parents committed suicide as his father was made the scapegoat of the Iran Contra incident.  Alan Grant grew up, join the army and marry the daughter of US Marshall in Procuremnt office.  He stole one billion euros and bought satellite time to control " the beast".  The beast is the name of President's car.  This car is controlled by computer and Alan Grant used the satellite to break into the security of the computer and cause the beast to jump into the river.  President happened to be so busy that he only has time to talk to Michelle Maxwell in the car.  Of course Michelle manage to save herself and the President.  All well ends well.  It is quite exciting and like a movie or drama I have to suspend my skeptism and beliefs in some of the events as it is a little illogical.

No comments: