Sunday, March 16, 2014

Happy as Rain

I just returned home from Bangkok.  In the morning, I was in the mood to clear my pond of some aggressive fishes as all my small goldfishes disappeared.  So I start by removing all the water lilies and the rectangular stones supporting the pots.  After I clear all the heavy stuff off the pond including the fountain, I put all the docile fishes into a holding pail.  It is easy to net them.  Then comes the hard part.  The fishes which I want to get rid of are extremely fast and agile.  They keep eluding my net.  Finally, I had a brainwave!  The fishes are big now.  So I use the rectangle plastic fencing to keep pets with a compound and slowly drag it across the pond.  Even then the smaller fishes managed to jump over the fencing back into the water.  They are so smart!!  The larger ones are caught and I put them together with the arowana.  They are so fast.  So I suspect they will be able to survive for a long time.  Maybe they get eaten up when they sleep.  The fishes caught from the wild are true survivors.  They are extremely fast and know where to go. 

As I was messing around the pond, it started to rain.  I wasn't paying attention except B3 sang out to me that it is raining in a very happy tone.  I was focusing on ridding my pond of pests I brought home and eating up my goldfishes.  I am completely drenched by the time I finished.  The rain keep coming and coming.  It actually rained for a few welcome hours.  Rain starts at maybe 9am and stop around 3 pm.  The trees on the CTE were brown when we were going to Orchard for lunch and on the way home, many trees have buds showing up.  It is the wonder of nature.  All ready and quick to capture the opportunity to grow and reproduce.

I am happily drenched this morning.

No comments: