Thursday, February 27, 2014

Cool Morning

Although it was very hot in the afternoon, it is nice and cool before dawn.  The sky is a little cloudy, so only a few stars are visible.  I remember a trip in Malaysia where the stars are clearly visible.  It is in a small resort town and we went to place for dinner.  During dinner, my Japanese colleague went for a smoke.  I decided to keep him company.  He went of out of the artificial lights and the sky was clear at that time.  The sky is full of stars.  It was an amazing sight!  I have seen the sky this way since I was young when Singapore was still developing.

The sky is also very clear in Reno which is a desert city.  The sky is always clear.  The problem is the city lights make our eyes incapable to seeing the lower lights of stars.

No comments: