Sunday, December 15, 2013

Freezing!!

Seoul cold!!  Temperature is below freezing.  There are snow on the floor when we are on the way to hotel.  All the snow are cleared in the city itself.  Lotte department store is just beside my hotel.  It is in old part of the city.  I think it ihas changed since I was here 20 years ago.  I used to stay in Lotte Hotel when I first travel to South Korea.  After a while, I switch to a different location as the traffic is terrible.  Now I am back at Westin Chosun.  The hotel is more than 100 years old.  We had Korean shabu shabu for dinner.  The meal is really good and very filling.  My host is very good when it come to hosting guest.  He will bring us to nice Korean food and order the best dishes.

I took a walk after dinner but the cold weather prevent me from exploring more of the vicinity of the hotel.  The street food and the Lotte department close at 9 pm.  Quite early for a big city.  I have quite tired due to my flu and cough.

Lotte department is full of Chinese tourists.  They are buying lots and lots of stuff.  The conciege speaks mainland Chinese Mandarin.  She looked Korean to me.  So Lotte knows who the customer is!  The Chinese are big spenders!  It was Japanese before and today it is Chinese.  Feng shui loon liu chuan.

No comments: