Saturday, November 30, 2013

$5 Adams Nasi Lemak

This morning, B1 has an exams in school and we offered to send him to Bukit Timah campus.  It was like an hour before the exams start time but his classmates were there.  Several other parents dropped their kids as well. 

Since Adams Road hawker center is nearby, we go there for breakfast and to read the newspapers.  We have our nasi lemak from our favorite stall No. 1.  I ordered the Adam's Special which is $5 per plate.  This is the only set with mutton.  This is the most expensive set.  I realised it is half the price in a resturant.  But since we do not go there often, I always go for this set as it has chicken wing, achar, ikan bilis, peanuts and fried egg.   I also have my favorite beverage - teh halia from my favorite stall in the corner. 

Since I shared the nasi lemak with my wife, I was still feeling hungry and I tried the mutton soup with tripe and gizzards.  The soup is even more expensive at $6!  The gizzard is tough.  The soup is tasty and a little sweet.  The mutton is fine but the tripe is too fatty.

I love to eat even when I am full.  This Live to Eat lifestyle is killing me slowly...

No comments: