Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Newmarket

I heard Newmarket is the most expensive area in Auckland.  So I get the directions from the hotel and do my regular walk.  I am glad I asked for directions instead of wandering aimlessly.  I would not have walked so far if not for knowing destination and a map in my hand.  I am glad I am more adventurous.  The shops were all closed by 6pm before I reach Newmarket.  Hence the place is more or less empty.  I feel good that I really exercise instead of window shopping.

Newmarket is quite nice, a mini Orchard Road.  The "expensive" brands are there but nothing like KL, Singapore or Hong Kong.  It takes an hour by walking from my hotel. As it was getting dark, I hurry back so that I am on familiar ground for dinner.  I like hot noodle soup when the weather is cold.  So I had Vietnamese beef noodles with fried spring rolls.  Eating by myself is not so fun with no wifi to entertain me while waiting for the food to arrive.  So I spent my time reading the menu and pictures on the wall.  It is the end of a long trip and tomorrow it is going home.  I learn a lot about the customers and their purchasing behaviour.  This is a great learning trip for me. 

I only get to sleep for the night before leaving home again the following morning to Taipei.

No comments: