Thursday, July 11, 2013

A Productive Day

I asked my host who had stand all day long if he has backache like me.  He says he is tired but no backache.  I am having backache due to soft bed and standing all day long except for lunch.  I had met customers and go for my rounds in the exhibition.  Plenty of equipment for Pharmaceutical companies.  The robotics are quite amazing in Japan.  Robots to do dangerous experiments.  Never mind the price.  The robot cost $8 million American dollars!

Dinner was yakitori beside my hotel.  I like the barbarque food on the sticks.  My host after a couple of beers told me it is difficult that he is always known as the founder's son.  He has big shadow to grow into.  At least it is not as bad as another distributor who is the founder's son-in-law, I told him.  It is at casual setting that this kind of talk happen.  Hence the need for business travel is not going to go away.  I also relate our father to son business story.  Everyone has their own stress when working for others or for themselve or for their family.

At the end of day, we are all learning to live with others and each other.  After a long and tiring day, I feel it is productive and will help the business.

No comments: