Wednesday, June 12, 2013

No Mood for News on Channel 5

Recently, I am not so interested in the news.  I was religious before.  9:30pm sharp!  I will watch the news.  Nowadays, I do not feel like watching the news.  The Straits Times has the same effects on me.  I feel "sian" to be fed with only what I should know.  I get my currently affairs news from the net.  At least it is not controlled and what I can know.  I like to get my information freely and not let the big brother control my information diet. 

BBC has a program a couple days ago about newspapers and the dying print media.  The Guardian newspaper in Britain is changing to engage the world instead of just Britain.  In India, the newspaper will continue to grow.  Elsewhere, print media has to change or die of a horrible death.  Mass media control was and still is our government forte.  Now, the internet is coming into the radar.  While there are unsubstantiated reports, I prefer not to have someone controlling what I know and move my opinion and perception to what they think is right.

No comments: