Sunday, May 19, 2013

Slanted Commentaries by Sunday Times?

I am aching all over after therapeutic massage for my fall.  Left shoulder is sore and tight and low back is strained.  So no cycling for today.  It is hot, so I relaxes at the poolside and read the papers.  The Straits and Sunday Times is getting more and more difficult to enjoy.  The contents are no longer interesting.  I think the leadership is not doing a good job of maintaining the standard of the papers.  I did not even bother to read in details the editorials by both the Chief Editor and Managing Editor on the Town Council issue with PAP and WP.

Han Fook something, the managing editor wrote that one blogger put this debate as PAP - 1 and WP - 0.  I am reading a lot on the internet the Town Council and granted there is no way I can read every blogs or comments.  I do not get the impression that the blogsphere put PAP as winning this debate.  Somehow this Han guy managed to put a white rabbit out of the hat.

Sunday Times is like a propaganda machine.  I lose interest in reading further.  I was expecting intelligent and balanced discourse.  Instead it is like reading political party's newspaper.  So sad.  Does the managing editor panda to the interest of his political master?  After all, it is always a minister or ex-minister who is the chairman of SPH.  It is also insulting the intelligence of the readers.  Does the managing editor thinks that Sunday Times readers do not read blogs or cannot think or see for themselves.  I think this is rather pathetic.  So pathetic that it is sad. 

No comments: